We use the email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for incoming emails. In the last couple of days however, I noticed the volume of incoming email from customers has dropped off. At first I put it down to the good Summer weather, but today I started to wonder.
I did some tests this morning. All the test email that I sent to email@example.com seemed to arrive fine. However, email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org seemed to be only intermittently arriving - or at least seemed to be delayed in arriving (I’m posting this only 1 hour after completing the tests, so I don’t know if the missing messages might arrive later — Update: 2 of the missing ones just did).
Now both these addresses are run from the same hosting company (admittedly on different servers), and both are actually email forwards. So the problem could be with the address, with the forward - or there may even be no problem at all except for a delay on the messages.
Anyway, after further investigation, I decided to change the forwarding location. And this seemed to resolve the problem for subsequent mesages.
Anyway, the upshot of this, is as follows: I’m not sure if we did miss/misplace any incoming email - but it’s possible that we might have missed some. If you sent us an email in the last few days and haven’t received a response, could you please resent it. Apologies for this.